Saturday, June 13, 2009

More than one way to peel a peach

Peach Crisp

Best Recipe recipe with a few changes:

Blanching peaches for 30 seconds to remove the peel does not work. Nor does blanching them for 10 minutes. I have no idea what was wrong with my peaches, but the skin wasn't coming off. So we had a rustic peach raspberry crisp with the skins on. Adding a 1/4 cup oats to the topping. I would toss them in at the end next time because they disappeared in the food processing. I'd also like the topping to be more like a struesel than just granular. I may experiment with that someday.

Oh, and the reason I had time to make a peach crisp was that we had fajita salad for dinner

CM Chipotle Lime beef fajita
avocado
lettuce
squeeze of lime
mexi-cheese
pace salsa/ranch dressing
and the piece de resistance--carmelized onions
can't have fajita salad without them. very critical.

No comments:

Post a Comment